Monday, September 21, 2009

Waiting Patiently for Your Big Debut

My Dearest Kimi,

I am now 39 weeks and 6 days pregnant. Tomorrow is the big day for your Due date, Sept 22nd 2009. I have been waiting patiently for you to make your appearance into this world for the past few weeks. The desire has only gotten stronger with the last 2 weeks. Everyone keeps telling me that I have to be patient and wait for the right time. I have been praying about it and really practicing the virtue of patience. Now, I am so used to you being in my big round belly that I'm not sure if I want you to come out just yet. I've gotten so comfortable with having a round ball in front of me constantly that I really don't mind anymore.

Luckily, I am able to rest/sleep well at night even though I do wake up once in a while to empty my bladder or just look at the clock. I have been on maternity leave for the past two weeks so my body is relaxed and not stressed out about having to go to work. Also, your Kubota grandparents Ogisan and Obasan (Gigi and Baba) have been here since September 2 and have spoiled me rotten. They feed me healthy and freshly cooked food 3 times a day and don't let me lift a finger to do anything. Maybe that's why my cervix has not dilated because I don't get to do all the things I used to do before. I really cannot complain because I am truly lucky to have them here and care for me. They love you and me so much even though they have not met you yet. Your BaBa prays the rosary for you and me daily and offers us up to Mama Mary. It's so touching and heart warming to hear her pray for us both. Your Baba is truly special and we are lucky to have her. I am grateful and thankful that they decided to come early to help us out.

Last week, I was constantly complaining about my belly being so heavy and my feet swelling up like Fred Flintsone's feet (Yabadabadooo feet). Everyone around me has been very encouraging and told me to pray and be patient. Since then, I've had a peace around me and I can look at my feet and just laugh at them. I look at the stretch marks in my belly and say that it's part of life and being a mother. No matter what, I am thankful for having them because at least I am able to get pregnant and be an instrument of God in this wonderful Miracle of Life. Some people are longing to get pregnant and will never be able to have the opportunity. Even though you were a surprise to us, we are ever grateful and happy to have you. It is truly an honor to be bearing you inside of me and helping you grow from a little cell to a real human baby. It's an experience that is hard to describe. Only mothers who have gone through the same experience will be able to understand how I am feeling. There is sooo much joy in it despite the difficulties, aches, and pains. I chose to focus on the joys than the aches and pain.

You have 5 more days to enjoy my warm belly environment my dearest baby before the doctors will have to force you to come out on Sunday. It is for your safety that we also have to force you to come out. My placenta will have done it's best and will start to deteriorate as the days go by. For now, I am scheduled to go into Fairfax Hospital where your Auntie Mandie works on Sunday evening at 8:30 pm where they will give me medicine and start your journey to the outside world. We are sooo excited to meet you already and hold you in our arms. Everyone is waiting for your Big Debut, my princess!!!

Just wanted to tell you that we love you sooo dearly and cannot wait to see you real soon!

Yours always,
Mama

No comments: