Friday, May 29, 2009

Butterfly flutters, Tickles, and Kicks

My dearest Baby Boots,

Almost 3 weeks have passed and I have not written you a letter. This is as usual, long due.

The last 2-3 weeks have been busy and exciting for me. When you were 20 weeks and 4 days, I went to Myrtle Beach, SC together with your Daddy, Uncle Tophe, Auntie Mandie, and Uncle Andre. We met up with your Uncle Soy Sauce & Uncle Pinky. We stayed at the Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort which was sooo beautiful and relaxing. We had a great time down there and I cannot wait to bring you down there once you come into this world. The weather was beautiful...sunny but breezy. We were able to relax at the pool and I got to show you off in my belly wearing a bikini. We also went clothes shopping for you for the first time. Everyone in the family went insane shopping at the Carter's Outlet for you because they had sooo many cute and beautiful girl baby clothes. I cannot wait to see you in them. I think you are going to look so adorable! It was also such a special weekend for me because it was Mother's Day on Sunday. I was able to celebrate it because of you. I know I'm not technically a mother yet because you are still in my belly, but I'm a proud mother to be. We had dinner at this really yummy Japanese Steak House and everyone kept looking at me because I was glowing and beaming : ).

Before I keep babbling, the title of this blog is about you moving around in my belly. Since you were about 16 weeks, I would start to feel these little butterfly like flutters in my belly. At first I wasn't sure what they were exactly but I later figured that it was you moving around in my stomach. You would especially do it after I had dinner in the evening while I was relaxing on the couch with your dear ol' Daddy-o. It was such a fun feeling. Then, around week 20 or so, I started to feel more movement. Whenever you would kick, it would tickle me so much and I would laugh so hard that your Daddy would wonder what was going on with me. It was a sensation I was not used to. As week 21 rolled around, your kicks became stronger and everyone was super excited to feel you kick. Funny thing was, you would only kick when I would ask you to or when I would put my hands on my belly. Whenever your Daddy put his big warm hands on my belly, you would instantly stop. It was almost like you were playing a game with him.

I remember one night while we were in Myrtle Beach playing poker, I realized that I hadn't felt you kick all day. I got a little worried and decided to lie down on the couch. There was music playing in the background and I started to sing along with it and dance a bit while laying on the couch...then all of a sudden...Bam! You started kicking like crazy. It was such a happy moment for me. I know some people say they do not enjoy when their babies kick in their belly...but honestly, I enjoy it a lot. It's my way of conversing with you and knowing that you are doing ok.

The day you turned 22weeks, I remember waking up in the morning and realized that I hadn't felt you kick all night and morning. I woke up and started to tear up because I was worried about you. I had a rough time at work the day before and started to have pain in my belly so I thought maybe something had happened to you. It was silly but I guess it's also because of all the maternal hormones in me. I went to the doctor that day for your check up and as soon as I heard your heart beating with the doppler, I was relieved! Phew!

Now that you are 23 weeks, your kicks are getting stronger. They still tickle me sometimes but I'm getting used to you doing it. You love to do it especially at night when I'm laying down in bed around 10:30 or so. It's almost like you are saying good night to me : ) Also, you have been kicking for your Daddy now. Your Uncle Tophe felt you kick a few days ago and he was soo excited. Your Auntie Mandie has yet to feel you kick. Maybe one of these days when she is not so busy.

Anyway, we are in the process of getting your little nursery corner ready. Your daddy and I have been fixing and cleaning up the room like crazy. We have also gone to two stores to register for you already. It's fun and exciting at the same time.

I am counting down the days till you come. I will be 6 months next tuesday. 3 more months and you will be in our arms.

Sorry that I have to cut this letter short but I'm cooking dinner for your Daddy and your Uncle Tophe right now.

Just want you to know that I love you dearly and await your coming patiently.

With love always,
Your Mama

No comments: