Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What is your Flavor???

My dearest Boots,

Happy 20 weeks today!!! I cannot believe how quick time has come and gone. I am halfway through my pregnancy already. In 18-20 weeks, we will be seeing you face to face for the first time. I cannot wait for that day to come. But, we have to be patient for now and have you grow in my belly. We don't want you coming out too early either because we want to be to fully healthy and developed.

The reason I'm writing you today is because I have to tell you something exciting. Last week, when you were 19 weeks, we went to have a level 2 sonogram of you. It's called an anatomical scan which looks at your growing anatomy to make sure everything is growing the right way. Also, it is the time when we would be able to find out your FLAVOR!!! From the color of the font of this letter, it is obvious what sex you turned out to be : )

I have to say that finding out your flavor was one of the funnest and memorable times I've had with you and your dad so far. I was very nervous the night before and did not sleep too well because I was anxious to find out if you were growing normally. Your dad skipped work in the morning to come with me because there was no way he was going to miss the big event.

This picture below is me looking all nervous while waiting for the sonogram.


Check out your cheesy Daddy who is uber excited to find out if you are a boy or girl



Before we found out your flavor, the ultrasound tech checked all your different organs and body parts to make sure everything was growing normally. It was such a relief every time she told us that your organs were looking good. It was sooo exciting to see you on a monitor for the second time. I could not believe how big you have become. Your little hands and feet were so adorable. You definitely did not make it easy for the tech to find out your flavor. Initially, she said you were sleeping because you were not really moving and all curled up. Eventually, she started to shake my belly a little to try and wake you. Once you woke, you were so modest and shy and kept your little legs all crossed and would not show us your private parts. The tech said you were doing YOGA in my belly. It was so funny to hear her say that.

After a good 40 minutes, the tech got quiet all of a sudden and I knew she was trying hard to find out if you were a boy or girl. I have to say that she is very talented because it sure was not easy to find. All of a sudden, she looks at your Daddy and I and announces that you are "A GIRL!" We were both quiet initially because we were not sure how to react. I asked how she knew you were a girl and she said that she found your labia (female genitalia). I wanted her to be sure before I celebrated. I look to your Daddy and he had tears in his eyes. Not because he was sad, but because he was happy to be having a little Princess!!!

All this time, I kept thinking you were a boy just because so many people said they thought you were one and I didn't feel pretty early on during my pregnancy. Your Daddy said he was hoping for a boy, but somehow knew deep down inside that you were going to be a girl. He said that I was looking prettier by the day. Please don't think that we were at all disappointed. Regardless of a boy or girl, we were happy just to have a normal baby. People always have certain expectations just because we are human. Silently, I was elated. I would have the girl I always dreamed of having. I was already thinking of all the pretty dresses you would wear and how Tita Mandie would braid your hair so beautifully.

I txted your Grammy immediately because it was her birthday and she was with the family in Manila. I wanted them all to know the great news. She txted me back saying that finding out you were a girl was the best birthday present she had. She wanted you to be a girl all along : )

That night, as I lay in bed, I looked towards your Daddy and said that you will have a new nickname: Princess Boots! He looked at me, laughed so hard, and said "I'm a dead man." He will now have two women in his life. How lucky he is huh?!!! Also, since you turned out to be a girl, your dad decided that it would be cuter for you to call him "DADDY" vs. "PAPA" I am pretty sure that as soon as your dad sees you, he will fall in love all over again and you will be "Daddy's girl." I long to see you and your daddy together. I think it would be such a beautiful sight and one I would never forget. Your Daddy also made a confession that night. He said that even if he ended up with 4 daughters, he would be happy : )

Before I end this letter, I'm posting some of your sonogram pics that were taken that day below.

Your beautiful profile picture, cute feet, and a hand:

This next picture is of you at a Yoga position with your feet up all the way to your head.


You got Sexy legs GIRL!!!


Last but not least, the picture that told us your flavor : )


Okay Princess Bootsie, until next time again. Always remember that Mommy & Daddy love you very much.

Your Always,
Mommy

No comments: